Moving Art programmes are designed to provide in-school drama and dance experiences for elementary school students from Kindergarten through to grade eight. The programmes deliver quality expressive and creative art experiences that are educational, fun, kinesthetic, convenient and affordable. The Moving Art programmes support The Ontario Curriculum expectations in drama and dance while integrating expectations from other subject areas as well. The fully qualified Moving Art instructors consult with classroom teachers to ensure quality programming and to personalize programmes.
MOVING ART STRIVES TO:
• help students develop an understanding and appreciation of drama and dance
• motivate learning using kinesthetic principles and active learning
• build confidence, enhance self esteem and promote independence
• describe the performing arts in terms of values, attitudes and actions
• help meet Daily Physical Activity goals