Why Choose Moving Art?
Moving Art is not just a dance studio. Moving Art is a Centre for Performing Arts that connects all the arts to create well rounded performers. Moving Art is a professional training facility in the areas of dance, drama and music. Everyone is welcome at Moving Art, and quickly becomes family!
Carla’s passion for the performing arts and education led her to develop Moving Art. Her personal education in dance, drama, and other academics fostered her belief that students are motivated to learn by using kinesthetic principles and active learning. With the programmes offered through Moving Art, she strives to have students develop an understanding and appreciation of drama and dance in a completely comfortable environment. In the process of helping students build confidence, enhance self esteem and promote independence, Moving Art strives to enrich the students’ understanding of drama and dance as a form of communication
MOVING ART’S PHILOSOPHY HAS ALWAYS BEEN TO STRIVE TO:
- Help students develop an understanding and appreciation of drama and dance
- Enrich the students’ understanding of drama and dance as a form of communication
- Motivate learning using kinesthetic principles and active learning
- Demonstrate the link between the performing arts and everyday experiences
- Build confidence, enhance self esteem and promote independence
- Describe the performing arts in terms of values, attitudes and actions
- Professional 12000 sq.ft dance, drama, and musical theatre facility
- In house performance space (The Loft Art Space)
- Floors professionally sprung for injury prevention
- Friendly and highly qualified male and female instructors
- Ontario winner of the THEA award for Best Choreography, Best Actor and Best Musical Director
- Performance experienced instructors
- Technical instructors associated with the R.A.D, I.S.T.D, and C.D.T.A
- Exam opportunities: Ballet (RAD), Modern and Tap (ISTD), Jazz, Tap and Acro (CDTA)
- Award winning Competitive program
- Proper dance technique for safety and strong development
- Multiple performance opportunities in Barrie and the GTA
- Top Quality Musical Theatre, Drama, and Improv programs
- Highly sought after Junior and Senior Triple Threat programs
- Private and group vocal and instrumental lessons recognized for creating well-rounded, confident performers
- Dance, music and acting all in one place!
- Artistic and athletic opportunities
- Year end recital’s are presented as dynamic, upbeat, and exciting shows
- Create lasting friendships!
- Bright, clean, and spacious
- Equipped with sprung floors
- Dressing Rooms
- Kitchenette and homework area
- Reception area
- Ample parking
We are not just a dance studio! We are a performing arts training facility placing equal emphasis on technique and performance quality. We welcome everyone into the Moving Art family.
125 ANNE STREET SOUTH BARRIE, ON L4N7B6
Monday to Thursday
9:00 am-3:00 pm